tire choices

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: tire choices
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 21:10:32 EDT
I need to replace my tires.  I was generally pleased with Yoko Avid T4s in
205/70/15, but I'd like some more "stick"  I'm willing to lose some longevity,
in favor of increased performance (I like to autocross occasionally) and I
never drive in the rain or snow. I've got wire wheels, so I can't go beyond 205
in
width.  To get into a better performing category, I need to go a little
shorter tire.  There are a lot more performance tires (@ tire rack) in the 65
series as compared to the taller 205/70 .  I don't want to spend more than
$70.00.
Has anybody used the new Yoko AVS dB S2?  Any other favorites?  BTW  what is
"traction rating"?  How does "A" compare to "AA"?
Joe Davis