Re: Fuel delivery problem

To: "Campsmith, Michael" <mgc4@cdc.gov>,
Subject: Re: Fuel delivery problem
From: "Jeff Fetner" <fetnerj001@hawaii.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 07:47:54 -1000
Mike,

  I has the same problem with my car, which had sat for many years.  I
cleaned the tank and the short tank outlet pipe, but the first foot of the
long pipe that runs forward was plugged with a tar-like crud at the bend
under the tank.  I cut that part out and replaced with rubber fuel line.
Then the clear filter up front started filling with rust the size of
sand/dust.  After a few stalls from lake of fuel, I cleaned the tank again
and put another clear fuel filter in the line at the bottom of the tank.
    I think the rust particles were settling at the bend and cutting the
flow.  I cleaned it out with one of those long brushes used to clean
Camelback water carriers (I now have a dedicates fuel line cleaner).  I got
a good handful of rust out of the tank, which I think would collect over the
tank outlet and restrict the fuel flow.  A little rust dust is in the filter
neat the tank, but so far so good.  Good luck!

Jeff
'74 CF13816U