Re: [TR] Door latch spring

To: metroar@rcn.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Door latch spring
From: acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 22:40:22 -0500
Elliot,

According to Moss and to TRF, the part is not available as a spring
alone.  You might have luck taking the spring off and trying to match
it at an auto parts store, hardware store, spring manufacturer, or
somewhere online.  You might have better luck contacting someone
parting out a car or some vendors who deal in used parts and buying the
entire part which, according to the TRF catalog is called the remote
control assembly.  TRF lists the part as four different part numbers,
divided between cars before and after CF12500.  It also divides them
between right and left sides.  Interestingly, TRF says that three out
of the four part numbers produce no valid parts but XKC92 does work on
their online parts search and pulls up the following:

XKC92       T6 RH REM.CONTROL DOOR LATCH    $14.95 (Right side, fitted after
CF12500)

So, I am not sure what that means but you might want to contact TRF to
ask them.

Either way you have a few leads.  If you dont have the TRF catalogs or
the moss catalog I would recommend picking them up.  The TRF blue and
green catalogs are worth their weight in gold, though I think the green
one is out of print, so to speak.  Invest in the bentley manual also.

Hope this helps,

Aaron

Aaron Cropley
71 TR6 (Throttle Body Injection!)