Re: Crank Bolt?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Crank Bolt?
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 14:57:29 -0800
 Bud---It's a standard right handed thread. If the crank wants to turn
as you loosen or tighten the bolt, hand on to the fan extension with a
pipe wrench. Use an aluminum wrench if you're fussy about marring the
extension.

Dick
From: levilevi@comcast.net(levilevi)

 Can't remember from the last time, but is the crank bolt (I'm pulling
the timing cover) a left hand thread or a right hand thread? Though I'd
ask before I spend too much time tightening it by going the wrong way.
Thanks in advance.
Bud Rolofson