Re: Clutch ?

To: kmcnelis@nmsu.edu, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Clutch ?
From: acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 23:00:38 -0500
Kevin,

I agree with Vance but will add my own experience.  When I replaced my
slave cylinder and rebuilt my master, I had similar symptoms as you.
Bleeding would work for a little while right after bleeding but the
system would soon return to being problematic.  I ended up taking the
slave cylinder off the car while still hooked up to the master and
allowed the plastic tube running between the master and the slave to be
completely vertical.  When I did, quite a few bubbles traveled up the
tube.  Since then, I havent had any more problems.  YMMV and make sure
you tie off the push rod before you remove the slave.

Aaron

Aaron Cropley
71 TR6 (Throttle Body Injection!)
http://www.triumphowners.com/108