Re: Gunst TO Bearing

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gunst TO Bearing
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 12:35:08 -0800
Aaron---The free dirt in the ziplock bag wouldn't bother me much as the
feeling that the bearing "makes some noise". It positively shouldn't.
I'd first call Dave at TRF and let him know what you've found.

Dick

From: acekraut11@aol.com Date: Thu,

Hi List,
I recently ordered a Gunst Throw-Out bearing from TRF and it arrived
yesterday. It was packaged well and I took it out of its zip lock bag to
take a look at it. I noticed right away some fibers or dirt around the
outside rim of the bearing as well as some marks in the sleeve. I have
taken a picture of the bearing the way it arrived and posted them on the
site listed below under Gunst Throw-Out bearing. I am would appreciate
hearing from people who have ordered this bearing before if they have
encountered the bearing arriving in a similar condition. Secondly I
would appreciate opinions on what this type of "contamination" might do
to the operation and life of the bearing. The bearing turns smoothly,
though it does make some noise that sounds to me like maybe grease
though having never seen one of the bearings before I cant be sure.
Any and all thoughts are appreciated.
Thanks
Aaron
Aaron Cropley