RE: TR6 Hardtop Seal

To: "Steven Altomare" <gtg124h@mail.gatech.edu>,
Subject: RE: TR6 Hardtop Seal
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 19:07:26 -0800
        Steven:

        A random thought that occurred to me while I was, er... well
let's just say I was in the sitting position - where I do most of my
best thinking.
        Can't a good auto glass shop just make one of these seals? It
seems to me that they need to deal with this sort of thing all the time.
I can't believe that they have to buy a different seal for every type of
car ever made. Seems like you could stock some sort of seal in a long,
uncut strip on a reel. Then cut it to the appropriate length, add a
couple of notches and some glue.. voila! A fresh seal.
        It *CAN'T* be rocket science, can it?

        Vance