re: windshield adventures

To: jimjcmo@yahoo.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: re: windshield adventures
From: Patrick Bloem <patrick.bloem@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 18:09:13 -0800 (PST)
snip
,Friends:
<
<  I thought I'd share this experience I had trying to
reinstall <my
<windshield. I had the rope in place in the rubber
gasket and <lubed it with
<liquid dish detergent.

Jim & All,
I had the experience of putting a windshield in my car
this fall.  With the help, patience & calm of fellow
lister, Ron Landis the glass went in after 3 - 4
attempts.  Key learning's from this was.
1. Use a 16 - 14 ga. electrical wire.  Rope, strong
twine, etc. doesn't cut it...actually the frame cuts
it and it takes a lot of force to pull.
2. Use LOTS of soap/water solution in the frame anf on
the seal.
3. Follow the Bently instructions.
4. Have a friend that will not let you give up. Then
reward him w/a local micro brew or a fine single malt.

Of course this all is moot now but you gave it a try.
Cheers
Patrick Bloem
68 TR250
CD 5841 LO