Outcome of "Remind Me Please"

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>, <jay_welch@juno.com>, <rmweber_99@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Outcome of "Remind Me Please"
From: "Robert Liam Gannon" <trsix74@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 17:40:36 -0500
Everyone on the list that asks questions, get's good useful answers and has
an outcome should reply to those that helped. And may I say, I am the first
to admit that I don't always follow my own pet peeves. So in the spirit of a
new year to come, here is my outcome.

I went to four different auto parts places: Pep Boys, Autozone, Atlantic
Speed and Western Auto. None had the required GL4 Gear Oil. I went to the
closest NAPA and asked the counter help for the specific product STALUBE and
number provided by one of you fine gentlemen. The "kid" gave me an attitude
as if I was nuts and had no idea what I was talking about. (Little did he
know he was right?) The store manager must have overheard my request and
asked me what reason would I want only GL4 and not the upgrade. I gave him a
brief description of what I was doing and told him of the corrosion that GL5
does to the yellow metals. (I obviously must have impressed him with my
knowledge as he proceeded to look up the product,) He explained to me he did
not have it in stock, it came in 4 one gallon jugs and that for $48 and
change he could have it hear for me by three the same day. WOWEE! Bingo,
found it!

Now GL5 Gear oil costs about $6 for a quart, depending on the store. 4
quarts to the gallon is $24. Times that by 4 is $96. Guess I made out. By
the time I get around to the last drop the price of oil is going to be 20
times more. I think I will hold on to the rest!

So, as I now fill the tranny and the differential with fresh oil and I wait
the return of the tub for the TR3, I feel I have achieved one more victory
in the fight to get this car on the road by next year.

Thank you all so very much for your help. Have a wonderful holiday season.

Robert L. Gannon

http://home.comcast.net/~trsix74/wsb/index.html