Re: Forward: How heavy is the TR6 body to lift?

To: Pimento73@aol.com
Subject: Re: Forward: How heavy is the TR6 body to lift?
From: James Franks <jimmble@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 21:36:36 -0500
I have a tub on sawhorses right now that I put there with a shop crane.
I lifted the whole thing with fenders and windshield, minus doors.  I
don't use any braces in the doorframes. The body flexes but doesn't take
any permanent 'set'. I just adjust the door gaps as I'm bolting down the
body to the frame.

I use 4- 2" heavy duty nylon straps and hook the front ones thru the
angled body hold down holes (under the master cylinder on the driver
side, and the washer bottle on the pax side). The rears I catch behind
the gas tank reinforcement brackets.

I've done this a few times, but try at your own risk!

Jim Franks

PS
I have some pics of the tub 'swinging'. I'll try to post them tonight on
my website:

http://home.adelphia.net/~jimmble/index/index.html