RE: TR3A flywheel,TR4A Gearbox- What clutch?

To: <CFisher@borgwarner.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3A flywheel,TR4A Gearbox- What clutch?
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 07:55:19 -0800
        Whatever you do, do the mod that Roger Williams recommends in
his book on restoring the TR6; Namely, adding a roll pin or a small bolt
to the clutch fork. Do this in addition to a new hardened fork pin. It
is easy, takes about 5 minutes, and dramatically improves reliability.
        If you are looking for nice, light clutch feel, look for the
Borg and Beck "Yellow Spot" pressure plate. They are marked with yellow
paint. Most places are now selling the "blue spot" version of the Borg
and Beck, which has noticeably higher pedal effort. I picked mine up on
eBay for cheap.
        FYI, I am running mine with silicone fluid (DOT 5). After
spending all that money on paint, I did not want to risk trashing the
engine compartment because of a mistake or a leak.

        Cheers,

        Vance