Re: HVDA 5 speed

To: Sally or Dick Taylor <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: HVDA 5 speed
From: Mitch Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 11:12:18 -0500
Thank you very much for all the responses,

It certainly seems from an overwhelming consensus that Herman produces a
well designed & functional conversion & is a great guy as well.
I have not read any downside other than some said that five gear could
have dropped rpm's a little more. I would assume that this might be
because of different trany ratio's, which brings me to a few questions.

1) year & model tran's compatible with this kit.
2) cost of the kit w/hydraulic T/O
3) How many different ratios available (if any)
4) What should I look for when searching out the transmission
(condition, weak points, wear )
5) will I still have that TR feeling when shifting
6) What is the shift pattern, is 5th right & up ?
7) I'm assuming I can still use my aluminum flywheel ?

Thanks for every one's help, I am suffering withdrawal already, I need
to drive the car !!!!!!!

--
Mitch Seff
Oceanside, N.Y.