Air compressor recommendations

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Air compressor recommendations
From: "John VanNorman" <jvannorman@wowway.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 10:34:44 -0500
I have a kind of off topic question.  My mother and I are looking at buying an
air compressor (along with some air
powered tools) for my father as a Christmas gift.  I've never owned one nor
purchased one, so I was wondering if anyone
has any recommendations as to brand, HP and PSI ratings, gallon size, etc. I
started looking at Sears, Harbor Freight
Tools, Lowes, Home Depot, etc. and, to quote my grandmother, there are more
models out there than Carter has little
liver pills. Hence, your recommendations are greatly valued!  It will basically
be used for the occasional auto
maintenance or wood working project, so there is no need for any sort of
"industrial strength" model.  Oh, and it would
be nice if it is fairly portable so that I can steal it from him when I have
the TR6 at my house or am doing a wood
working project and need it!  No need to waste other people's time, so feel
free to contact me off list.

John V.
1974 1/2 TR6