re: door rebuild

To: ppallones@core.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: re: door rebuild
From: Bruce Simms <brucesimms2003@yahoo.ca>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 22:54:28 -0500 (EST)
If your door (window?) is simply rattling, leave the doors on the car and
remove the door interior panels.   Chances are you need to replace the front
and rear glass channel units, or at least reline the channels with the fuzzy
felts that the glass slides up and down in.  I recall gluing the non-sticky
side of velcro in for this purpose.

Very recently a window was jumping the front track when lowered.  I straightend
a dent in the track and  bent the track a little bit toward the rear.   Good so
far.

Door your windows suddenly drop an inch or two when you wind them down?  If so,
the teeth on your window winder mechanisms may be worn.

See your manual for disassembly instructions.  I recall this job taking several
hours and some cussing.

Bruce Simms CF1941UO