Re: Differential

To: Robert Fabie <bfabie@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Differential
From: John Mitchell <jmitch@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 07:08:17 -0500
Hi Bob.  I just went through the same thing,  Since I had the
differential out, I took it over to John Esposito at Quantum just for
inspection.  It had felt like there was a little too much freeplay and
there was dripping from all 3 seals.  John said it felt pretty good, but
that he'd take a look.  Several of the bearings had acid corrosion areas
which he said comes from the oil not being changed.He replaced all
bearings and seals.  Also the freeplay was 3 times what it should have
been, so he adjusted that.  Luckily the Ring and pinion were ok.  Might
be worth having yours inspected while it's out.  John Mitchell  76 TR6