Re: brake fluid leak

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: brake fluid leak
From: acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 22:11:40 -0500
John,

Dick's suggestion is a good one.  Unfortunately, the fuel filter you
describe can be in a lot of places so I am not sure where the puddle
was when you describe it as near the fuel filter.  If the previous
owner replaced the MC because it was leaking then the old MC might have
leaked quite a bit into the servo.  I dont know how much of an angle
the car would need to be at in order to allow the servo to "leak" fluid
out the "front" of the servo near where the MC is mounted.  As a source
of the leak this MIGHT be possible.  After you wipe the car down well
and jack it up again as Dick suggested you might try using some tissue
paper as a means to determine where the leak is.  Even a small drop of
fluid on a piece of tissue paper shows up quite well.  My inane two
cents worth.

Aaron

Aaron Cropley
71 TR6 (Throttle Body Injection!)