Re: carburetors

To: samuelsma@aol.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: carburetors
From: Greg Perry <rgperry@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 16:19:58 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
Michael,

I used the color tune twice about 20 years ago.  I learned that one should not
use the system in full sunlight.  One cannot see the blue flame during the day
but at night one can.  The color tune kit will help one to get a starting point
 on setting the carbs after a rebuild.  But I just learned to tune the engine
and carbs by use of an air flow meter, sense of smell (exhaust), hearing, color
of exhaust and by feel.  I believe that the latter does a better job and
quicker for me.  Beware that one's senses (especially smell) are only good for
tunning for about 15-20 minutes at a time.  I have learned not to keep
adjusting for long periods at a time.

My .0002 cents worth,

Greg Perry
72 TR6