Re: Rust in Trailing Arm Brackets

To: John North <jnorth@novagate.com>, Triumph 6 Pack
Subject: Re: Rust in Trailing Arm Brackets
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 20:19:53 -0700 (PDT)
John,

One thing you can try is to grind out a piece of the
bottom of the trailing arm section of the frame.  Then
weld in a vertical piece on either side of the tubes.
Then weld the piece that you cut out back in...or cut
a piece of metal to fit & weld it in.  It can be done
and made to appear as if nothing had been done...ask
me how I know:-)  Actually in my case both trailing
arms developed quarter size holes...which of course
turned into half dollar size after doin' a little
poking.  This was closest to the lower
cruciform(t-shirt).  Once completed, a bunch of POR-15
& she's as good as new.  Might wanna think about
adding the gussets in the diff mounts if not already
done.

Todd Bermudez
CD198L
CF25768UO