Re: The Oil Pressure Question

To: "Robert G. Pindell" <pinderg@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: The Oil Pressure Question
From: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 17:19:10 -0500
"BTW, I use Castrol 20W50 in my 6 and it stays nice and clean because it
leaks out before it loads up with dirt/water/combustion products/etc."

Well at least you never have to change oil in your TR, just a filter every now
and then. Oh if your TR doesn't leak it must be empty. Oh, I   use Castrol
20w50 and always have, from a '58 Metropolitan (Austin 1500 engine), '60
BugEye, '73 240Z, never had any oil related problems. The "Z" had oil changes
every 3,000 miles with 200,000 miles and no ring grove, and bearings looked
great. The rings were just wearing out.

Richard Seaton
RSH17@msn.com<mailto:RSH17@msn.com>
View My 1969 TR6 restoration @