Re: Brake Upgrade - TR6

To: "Andy Schwarz" <aschwarz11@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Brake Upgrade - TR6
From: "Michael Hutchinson" <mahutchinson@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 21:00:30 -0700
Andy,

I am in the process of doing that very upgrade.  Haven't run the lines yet
but will probably have to change ends on the hard line to work with the
metric threads on the caliper.

As far as a source for calipers, do a search on ebay.  I got my calipers,
reman in the box, for about $30.00 shipping included.  Doesn't hurt to be
patient.  Sometimes it pays.  If you do need a core, you could pick up some
at the boneyard.  Try to find the rattiest looking pair you can find and
then negotiate with the yard owner.  Hope this helps.

Michael Hutchinson
Iola, KS
'71 TR6 "Lazarus"