Re: No heat from heater

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: No heat from heater
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 23:14:36 -0700
Eric---With the heater valve open, the hoses should feel hot to touch
when the engine is up to running temperature. If not, follow the hose
back thru the heater valve to the head.
The pipe that returns the water (behind the manifolds) to the waterpump
housing could be blocked with contaminents. This can happen at the sharp
bend where the hose connects.

You should be able to verify coolant flow from the heater itself by
removing the (bottom) return hose, with the engine running and the
heater valve open.

Dick

From: ehenningsen@triad.rr.com(Eric Hennings(Subject: No heat from
heater
I am trying to troubleshoot minimal heat coming from the heater unit on
a 76 TR6. Duration restoration the heater assembly was completely
dismantled and reworked, blower works fine and heater core is in good
shape, so I am assuming the issue is coolant flow from the engine to the
heater core - either an air pocket at the heater valve or possibly poor
coolant flow from the engine block. I have tried elevating front end and
running system with radiator cap removed, no success. Suggestions for
remedies or tests would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Eric
76 TR6 BRG