Introduction

To: TR6 List <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Introduction
From: James Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 11:28:09 -0400
Hello to all.

I should start by telling you my previous concentration in British cars
has been MG related.  I own an MGB I'm hoping to sell soon; a 1966 AH
Sprite, that has obvious MG lineage; and two MGA project cars that are
more project than car.  I also have a FFR Cobra under construction, and
several motorcycles, which are not british.

At the end of Vintage Weekend this past Labor Day at Lime Rock, I bought
a 1973 TR6.  The vendor next to me had it, and the price seemed okay for
what I could see.  It has its share of issues like most pre-owned cars.
This vendor was selling it on behalf of the owner, and from what I can
tell from the receipts, the owner wanted to stop dumping money in to
it.  Allegedly a Southern car a few years ago, it has no discernible
rust on either frame or body panels.  The engine has been rebuilt, dual
downdraft Webers installed (but without enough proper attention to the
linkage), a host of electrical issues, and a poor paint job that changed
it from that mustard color to Carmine Red.  Lots of new parts, but
plenty of old ones that will keep me busy.

I'll be asking some questions soon.  My wife is anxious to drive it.

Jim