(no subject)

To: 6pack@autox.team, net@autox.team.net
Subject: (no subject)
From: RedTriumphTr6@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 00:11:57 EDT
Well guys, after one year of waiting (and big bucks) , I last week  finally
received my engine back from the pro shop in  Oregon. Won't know for a couple
of months yet whether she has the  180-190 hp. and smooth street performance I
am told it will have with  its multiple Keihin carb set up. The engine looks
simply stunning, but as  we all know, appearances can be decieving.   I have
yet  to break it in, and then later tune it for optimum performance on my local

shop's new dyno( to be installed in Feb. or March 06). Given the  engine's
substantial modifications and improvements, I have been told  by  the rebuilder
that I should strongly consider replacing my standard  Lucas distributor,
Pertronix ingition and sport coil with the  Mallory special order electrical
distributor (with a cable driven  tach----pricey at $500) and also their high
performance  ignition.   This supposedly will enable me to have the most
flexibility in setting advance and tuning this 10 to 1 compression bad  boy.
1.)  Do
you guys agree?  2.)  Also, I do not have a  set of high performance ignition
wires to complement this set up.  I just  have the stock green wires purchased
some time ago from TRF.  I searched  the club's tech articles, as well as my
many back issues of 6-Pack to  no avail for a recommendation.  Mallory does not
appear to sell a  wiring set up for our engines.  Can someone steer me in the
direction of a  distributor of high performance ignition wiring for our
engines....preferably  one who sells the complete made to fit harness system?
Is
there a company  called Moroso that makes ignition wires?   Thank you  guys!

                                                Bob Pierson   74 1/2