Re: Da missing brake fluid

To: Ron.Landis@kentcounty.org, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Da missing brake fluid
From: acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 13:57:14 -0400
Ron,

When I redid the brake system on my TR6 I found the servo FULL of brake
fluid.  I chose to drain it, clean it out, allow it to throughly dry
out then coat the insides with a light coating of something like WD-40.
  I then rebuilt my MC which had pitting in the bore.  That didnt work
at all and I ended up buying a new MC.  Since then the brakes have been
great.  I dont know the cost of rebuilding a MC.  I am sure others on
the list will respond.  I wouldnt buy the ebay parts unless I could get
them quick and win them cheap, just in case they didnt work at all.  If
this was my car I would replace the MC, clean up the servo, reassemble
and try it out.  If it didnt work, then I would look at having the
servo rebuilt, or maybe rolling the dice with stuff off from ebay.

I am sure others will respond.  And of course, YMMV, etc.

Cheers,

Aaron

Aaron Cropley
71 TR6 (Throttle Body Injection!)