WooHoo!! Mallory Unilite dizzy installed and working!

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: WooHoo!! Mallory Unilite dizzy installed and working!
From: Shannon Muncy <shannon.muncy@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 23:21:41 -0400
Well, after a waiting a week for the dizzy to come in from Century
Performance and then another week at the machine shop to install the
drive dog, I finally have it installed and running with a Mallory coil
(p/n:29450) and Mallory 8mm wires (black).  I still haven't got my
tach back from APT Instruments to be converted to electronic, so I
bought a spare tach to at least fill the hole while I wait.

This car has never run this smooth, and it finally idles without missing.

I'm pretty sure that I suffered from two dizzy ailments;  one, I had
the dreaded shaft wobble, and second, I think my Pertronix ignition
was starting to fail.  At this point I really don't care.. it finally
runs!

Now a question.  With my old dizzy, with the vacuum retard on, I had
it timed at 8 degrees BTDC.  Does anyone know how much the vacuum
retard retards the timing at idle?

I'd like to thank everyone for their advice!

-Shannon
72 TR6