RE: Large female wire clips needed

To: "'6 Pack list'" <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Large female wire clips needed
From: Peter Zaborski <plz@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 21:32:44 -0600

I concur that British Wiring is a good source of these. One thing I'll add
to the previous reply is that getting the connector is only part of the
answer you are looking for. Another important aspect is to use the correct
crimp tool. The factory harnesses use connectors which have a stepped crimp
region, one for the bare wire and one for the insulation. Using a pair of
needle nose pliers or such will not give a quality crimp. I believe British
Wiring sells the correct crimp tools as well (they come in different sizes
to handle different size terminals) but you may be amused by the price.
Suffice it to say that you won't have any issues with min credit card charge
getting the crimp tool. Lastly, you need to know how to use the tool
correctly to get a good quality crimp so get some extra connectors to
practice with. Probably not as simple as you wanted to hear but there you
go...

Peter Zaborski -- CF58310 UO