Re: Disk Brake Guru

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Disk Brake Guru
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 19:13:24 -0700
John---Can't claim guru status, but the anti-squeal plates you describe
is what comes with many of the TR front brake setups. For many of us
this is all that's necessary to keep out brake pads from squealing.
Unless you know your brakes are going to squeal with your new pads, I'd
suggest you install them without anything but these plates.

Dick

6pack@autox.team.net (6pack) Subject: Disk Bake Guru
I am ready to install my new Kevlar pads. I have 16P calipers, not the
16 PBs. I need a brake guru's advice. ;-)
I have some very weird shaped metal shims that install between the
caliper and the pad. These have an orientation arrow that is cut out or
etched out and the shims don't cover the entire surface of the pad back.
The are sort of a partial outline. I have never seen this type of deal
before. All of the shims that I am used to seemed to cover the entire
brake pad outline. How / where do you put the anti-squeal compound on
theses things???? Why are these only a partial outline?
John Cyg.