Re: Question on Mallory....

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Question on Mallory....
From: Shannon Muncy <shannon.muncy@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 14:40:12 -0400
Since the new dizzy is Unilite, it has no points, but rather "gates"
for lack of a better term for the optics to tirgger the ignition.

I dropped the Mallory off at a machine shop today.  He's going to
orient the drive dog the same as the Lucas unit.  I'm going to put the
engine at TDC and go from there.  I don't think it'll be a big deal.
(knock on formica.....)

I have to say that the Mallory is one nice piece.  It's made out of
billet aluminum and the rotor and cap look about twice as heavy as the
Lucas it's replacing.  If nothing else it'll look pretty.

I'm going to document my install and submit it to the 6-pack website
if anyone is interested in this.

I appreciate all help!!

-Shannon
TR6