RE: Steam Cleaner?

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>, kmcnelis@nmsu.edu
Subject: RE: Steam Cleaner?
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 23:36:04 -0600
>===== Original Message From kmcnelis@nmsu.edu =====
>Engine out, ready to be rebuilt.  Now I wanna get "crud" off of everything.
>Suggestions on a good home use steam cleaner?  Something no too horribly
>expesive (gotta get it past the budget officer, aka Wife)?
>
>Thanks as always, Kevin

  Check your local equipment rental places for a "Hotsie"(sp?). It's a heated
pressure washer. (Renting is always cheaper than buying, unless you want to
come up with other reasons to use it.) Alternatively, and even cheaper,
"Gunk"-"Foamy Engine Brite", a set of different sized wire brushes and a
strong flowing hose with a good adjustable spray head will work wonders. It
will just take longer. If the block is going to a machine shop, this will get
it clean enough not to upset the machine shop and they will or should boil the
block anyway to clean all the oil and coolant passages, which will get rid of
the remaining "crud".

Shawn J. Loseke
Fort Collins, CO
http://www.triumphowners.com/79   (1972 TR6)