Re: Group 44 Header Question

To: Nick Gemas <gln@worldpath.net>
Subject: Re: Group 44 Header Question
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 20:05:29 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 12 Aug 2005, Nick Gemas wrote:

> Robert Lang mentioned the Group 44 header. I'd like some info on them, their
> configuration and such. Are they recommended for a street car set up much like
> Richard Goods? Most importantly who sells them?

TRF sells them.

They are three-piece units, a front part, a back part and a collector
part.

They would be good for any application although they are probably overkill
on a street car (but they would add "oooh-ahhhh" factor, and that can be
important for some folks.)

I think Richard Good has a modified Monza header, but I could be wrong on
that. I have looked under his hood for quite a while, so if anyone knows
better - chime in.

Note: this is not a "cheap" part. The header is close to $400 and you
should get it coated inside and outside with a high temp. ceramic. This
ads another $150 or so to the cost.

> Thanks Nick Gemas

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: xxx-xxx-xxxx