Ride Height

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ride Height
From: "Ronald Dowty" <rdowty@dowtyenterprises.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 23:39:58 -0500
Something appears to be wrong with this picture (see link below). I
purchased the TRF Competition Springs as a set which were supposed to
lower the ride height an inch and my car looks like a rock crawler. This
is the first time I've mocked up the body with new springs and even
though there are lots of things missing in the car that would add weight
(flywheel, differential) the engine and transmission are there and it
seems rather high. The front end is worse than the front and any missing
weight would be in the back.

Anyone care to comment. I thought I would poll the list before
contacting TRF. I bought the springs about two years ago so there's no
way they're going to do anything for me but make a lot of excuses. I was
told these would lower the car and inch and were what all the folks at
TRF used on their car. Right now I kind of feel had.

Picture:

http://www.dowtyenterprises.com/images/HPIM0469.JPG