right intake wrong gasket

To: 6pack-digest@autox.team.net, 6pack-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: right intake wrong gasket
From: salva57@optonline.net
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 20:50:27 -0400
As I was fiddling with my spare motor (1974), and comparing the intake manifold
with a spare one from a TR250, I noticed that the manifold gasket that was used
was from an early head with the narrow ports. The mismatch was about .150
thousands of an inch per side on both sides of the port which measures 1.240
in. Without going thru the calculations you can easily realize that the
restriction is about 15 to 20 percent, nothing to say about the disruption of
the flow which hits 2 walls. The moral ? Make sure you get the right manifold
gasket or you'll be choking that motor. Who how many DPO's have done this !

Sal Vespertino
www.triumphowners.com/381