Re: Igntion Switch removal...

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Igntion Switch removal...
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 12:08:08 -0700
MIke---I still have the under-the-steering column key switch, and would
replace it with another one, should this one fail beyond repair. While
it can be a pain when trying to move the car and turn the wheel without
the key "on". this same feature gives me some assurance that the car
won't be the victim of Midnight Tow Service. When I park the car in a
stadium or movie theatre lot, I always turn the front wheels to full
lock and set the rear wheels, making one-end towing more difficult.

Dick

Mike L. wrote:
I don't have an answer to Aaron's question about removing the ignition
switch but suggest that once he gets it out that he purchase a TR4A
ignition switch and put it in the plenum, 2nd from right-next to the
choke cable I think, which is where the TR 250s and early 6s had their
ignition switches. This is a much easier location to access than the one
under the steering wheel.
Mike Lunsford, 1970 TR 6