Re: Cover Questions

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cover Questions
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 22:58:34 -0700
Don---I have had this product on my "polish" shelf for quite a while.
Originally for the windshield, as the label indicates. When the
"backlight" started looking shabby from scratches, and the view out was
distorted, I tried it there. The label doesn't specify using it on
"plastic", and suggests it might not be compatible for all. Nonetheless
I used it and was amazed at the new life it gave to these old windows.
I use a folded square of very soft terry cloth, applying the Rain-X as
directed.

The formula for this smells very near to that of Meguires "Mirror
Glaze", which is specifically for clear plastic. I have not tried the
Meguires, other than snooping for new products in auto parts stores.

Dick

Don wrote:
What's the deal with RainX and plastic windows?
Don Malling