Noisy brake servo and other things

To: 6Pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Noisy brake servo and other things
From: "Walter Fogle" <lbc4me@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 03:24:27 +0000

I've been trying to zero in on a persistent vibration, particularly at speed
in the TR6 and have discovered an interesting situation.  The brake servo is
making noises that sound a lot like wood cracking and snapping.  Could this
set up a sort of harmonic vibration and also a sound that comes and goes.
Perhaps the diaphragm is failing and flopping around enough under vacuum to
cause the problem.

I've eliminated the alternator, distributor and fuel pump (replaced 'em all)
as a source of vibration.  Willing to consider other options  but, any
experience with a noisy servo?

Thanks,
Walt Fogle
'72 TR6