Re: exhaust note

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: exhaust note
From: Shannon Muncy <shannon.muncy@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 00:08:27 -0400
I just got through test driving Falcon's stainless sport exhaust with
their 6-3-2 header and 10:1 compression.  I just thought' I'd give my
impressions since the conversation is on exhaust note.

As for the kit, it's top notch quality.  Nice welds, and the muffler
has a nice polished 2.5 inch tip.  The muffler it self is pretty much
just a straight through pipe.

First of all, Idle:  I liked the stock exhaust (with headers) better.
It was "crisper" if you know what I mean.

After the idle, it's all fun!... This exhaust sounds mean, like
vintage Ferrari mean, but not as loud as I was lead to believe from
reading other posts.  This is a very good cruiser exhaust because it's
only really loud when you want it to be.

This is a nice exhaust system despite my dislike of the idle tone.

The only thing I really hated was the installation.  It was really
difficult to get everything lined correctly.  I had to fabricate a
center bracket to bolt up to the transmission exhaust mount because
the two center pipes doesn't have one like the stock setup.  If I
didn't have the center mount, the pipes would rattle around like
crazy.

All in all, it's a nice piece and I highly recommend it.

-Shannon
72 TR6