RE: rear end self destructs

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Subject: RE: rear end self destructs
From: "mitch vamos" <mitchvamos@operamail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 00:13:22 +0100
you're right on the money. the locknut was reused and the nylon worn and it
backed all the way off. the key was still in the drive flange and somehow the
threads on the inner axle shaft aren't buggered. the large locknut and washer
were floating around in the drive flange. i ordered new locknuts and oil seals
and will check the other side also this week. you'd have to have xray vision to
detect this b4 it happens. no obvious signs that i noticed anyway. I'm lucky
nothing got ruined(I think), probably because it came off just when i was
almost stopped. On the highway things would be banging around.