Stromberg vent valve

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Stromberg vent valve
From: Jay Snable <jsnable@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 21:29:46 -0700
I am missing the little cone "doohickey" visible through the brass
bushing for the vent valve on one of my '73 Strombergs. The downside
of missing this part is that vacuum is not applied to the float bowl
(via the anti-run-on valve) during shut down. And yes, I do have
dieseling problems (plus I just like things to work as designed -
don't laugh!). I imagine the only way to get this part is off another
old carb. Anyone have a donor carb, or other ideas? I believe this
was fitted to '73 and later cars...

Jay
'73 TR6