Plugging off the water to the manifold

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Plugging off the water to the manifold
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 13:27:05 -0700 (PDT)
Robert Ray wrote:
<I'm going to plug off my heater, i have a plug for that that fits the
back of the water pump housing.got it from moss.
i also want to plug off the hole by the thermostat that feeds the
intake manifold hot water. it's very warm here most the year and i don't
need it ----->

I live in Florida and also thought this would be a good idea.  I did the same
thing and found that my car takes a lot longer to warm up, that is longer with
the choke on, and during the winter (50 degrees or below) there is a
significant negative to this idea.  I agree that warming the gasoline going
into the engine doesn't sound like a good idea, especially after the car
reaches operating temperature, but unless you're trying to wring every bit of
HP out of the engine I would recommend against doing this.

Mike Lunsford, 1970 TR6

- --