Re: Pressure cap

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pressure cap
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 17:15:40 -0700
 Tomislav---About 20 years ago I replaced my 13psi cap with a 7 lb. one.
Before this time, I went thru two heater valve replacements in about a
month. This could have been a coincidence, but the last heater valve has
been in there since making the change. The coolant level in the overflow
bottle still goes up and down during shutdown and startup, as it should,
but doesn't overflow the bottle.

I think Triumph put the 13 lb. caps on the models that came with the
vacuum retard, to help keep a lid on things.  As cheap as these caps
are, we can keep one of each in the spare parts box.

Dick

Sender: owner-6pack@autox.team.net From:
tomislav.marincic@earthlink.net(Tomislav Marincic) Date: Wed, Jun 8,
2005, 8:58pm (PDT+3) To: 6pack@autox.team.net (6pack) Subject: Cooland
pressure question...
Hello. It's been a while since sophomore year thermodynamics...is there
any advantage to using a 13psi radiator cap on a TR6 that is not boiling
over at 7psi? Other than raising the boiling point, does it make the the
system more efficient? I'd rather use the 7psi cap to reduce the risk of
leaks.
Thanks,
Tomislav Marincic
tomislav.marincic@earthlink.net