RE: It's BAAAADDD!

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: It's BAAAADDD!
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 08:21:12 -0700
        Kevin:

        I have never dealt with this myself, but I would say if you can
get crank end play back into spec with some standard or plus sized
thrust washers, then your crank and block are OK. If installing the
washers does not get you back into spec, then I would say you are
looking at a new block and/or crank. I must say that if your estimate of
0.250" is anywhere close to correct, that thrust washers ill not fix it.
Let's hope you have way over estimated the endplay. If it is around 1/8"
then I would say there is hope that new thrust washers will fix it.
        The bright side is that cranks and blocks are plentiful and
cheap, and you will get to do that high-performance engine rebuild you
have been lusting after anyway.
        Sorry to hear about your distress. It is a good lesson for the
rest of us though.

        Check those thrust washers every year, kiddies!

        Vance