More on Oil leak/SU's -- Valve Cover Venting Question

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: More on Oil leak/SU's -- Valve Cover Venting Question
From: "Dwayne Cooper" <dc_bruin@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 09:45:09 -0700
I have a 74 with no carbon cannister and I have a hose running off of the
valve cover vent so that it vents under the car.  I thought I saw a picture
of a car recently where the valve cover vent tube was hooked up more or less
directly into the back of the two carbs.

Is anyone else out there doing this (running the crankcase vent directly to
the carbs)?  Is there any downside?

Thanks,

Dwayne