VTR Site restriction & 6-PACK Website

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: VTR Site restriction & 6-PACK Website
From: "Mike Brinker" <74@tr6world.com>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 21:02:51 -0400
Hi everyone,

I want to recognize the hard work that Blake Discher has put into the new
VTR website.  I understand and can appreciate the decisions that the VTR
has made regarding the members area of their site.  After all, why be a member
of any club if non-members have the exact same benefits and access?

6-PACK has always had a "members area" of their website.  Most, if not all
of the content was derived from club members who submit articles to our club
magazine and website.  We have recently (last week) opened our new site.
 We have totally restructured the code.  In doing this, Our club has the
ability to offer helful resources for members and non members alike.  At
the same time, We do have some Member exclusive features including Technical
articles from  our magazines/newsletters that have been published over the
last 25 years.  Currently, there are about 90 articles uploaded, with many
more to come.  When they are all uploaded, we will have several hundred
technical
articles covering every aspect of repair and restoration for the TR250 &
TR6.  This is a significant resource/benefit for our members.  While it is
not a perfect website and still has some bugs every once in a while, it is
still  a big step forward for 6-PACK and it's members.

6-PACK's purpose is to preserve, restore and enjoy our cars.   With the help
of technology, we have been able to provide resources to non-members of our
club as well.  In doing so, we have been able to attract others into the
hobby and to our club.  We want to give all enthusiasts a taste of what our
club is all about.  That is one reason why we have this discussion list.
 You don't have to be a member to subscribe.  Our new website  has also
re-opened
up our discussion forum.  Now it is available for anyone to view and post
topics.  You don't have to be a member of 6-PACK to use the forums.  This
feature is significant, as many of you have writen me and asked if there
were other resources, or means to network without the use of email and all
of the hazards that come along with it including spam & viruses.
Our "Autojumble Site is now open again and can be found along with all of
the other discussion forums.

I support the idea of offering value for club members of any club.   We (I
am including myself) all have been very fortunate to have resources on the
Internet including the VTR site, Buckeye Triumphs, Team.net, TR6 Web and
others who have posted technical related helps for anyone to view.   Having
said that, let me ask those who have been lurkers, and not contributors in
our hobby to consider throwing in your talent wherever it may be.   It is
amazing what 1 person can do to make a difference!

 I would encourage anyone to consider the value of a membership to 6-PACK,
VTR and or your local club.  These are all great resources.  If you are not
a member of any of these clubs, take your 30 or 40 bucks and put it towards
the resource that you feel has made a difference in our hobby or that you
will benefit from the most.

I appreciate everyone who contributes to our hobby..... member or 6-PACK
or not.  You people are wonderful. - Thanks again.

Mike Brinker
6-PACK Webmaster
www.6-pack.org