RE: starter solenoid

To: "Lumia, John" <jlumia@ball.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: starter solenoid
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 08:29:52 -0700
        John:

        If you need to do that, then it is only a matter of time until
something else craps out in your starter. A bearing, a brush, or
something.
        Why not get it rebuilt? I had mine rebuilt for $120 at a local
auto electric shop. New solenoid, bushings, brushes and armature.
Amazing improvement in starting capability, and no worries about the
next part to die.
        Yes, you can disassemble, clean, polish, and reassemble. It is
no big deal. But when you find the contacts are corroded beyond
recognition will you be willing to clean them up and live with them
knowing that their days are numbered?

        Vance