Re: tr6 cam

To: Gene Holtzclaw <motrv8d@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: tr6 cam
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 11:35:18 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 6 May 2005, Gene Holtzclaw wrote:

> Does anybody know where I can get a good used cam?

What exactly do you need? StocK? Hi-po??

I'd be very leery of purchasing a used cam for a whole littany of reasons
and bad experiences. You are much better off buying a regrind or better
still a cam ground from a new blank and in either case you MUST use a new
set of lifters!!!!

Put another way - if you buy a used cam and try to cut any corners, you
will get to do the entire job again "real soon". This is experience
talking.

BTW, I have a couple of stock TR6 cams with at least one wiped out lobe on
each one that got hammered because I was stupid and try to save a couple
of $$$.

:-)

rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: xxx-xxx-xxxx