RE: Re Low oil pressure

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Subject: RE: Re Low oil pressure
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 23:04:21 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

I agree that the oil viscosity will effect oil pressure.

However, if you have a TR6 and you use something other than the
recommended 20w50 oil, then you are on your own and I will assure you that
you WILL have other problems later (like bad bearings and worn rings).

If you use synthetic, then you should use the stuff with the "50", I think
the mobiil 1 is 15w50.

I guess some of the responses assumed that the petitioner was using the
recommended oil.

rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: xxx-xxx-xxxx