Re: sticking clutch pedal

To: Lizirbydavis@cs.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: sticking clutch pedal
From: emanteno@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 11:45:32 +0000

> I've got about 400 miles on the motor/drivetrain rebuild of my 71 TR6, and
>I'm experiencing my first glitch. My clutch pedal is "rough" going in and out.
> Any ideas?
> Joe Davis
My TR6 is doing the exact same thing, and the only change I made is I replaced
a bad slave cylinder. I bought the replacement cylinder almost new from a
friend who went to the 5 speed conversion, and I have noticed this since I
installed the slave. My TR4 vintage racer has the TR6 clutch arrangement, and
the only difference is the slave cylinder, and it works perfectly. The
replacement slave that is now in the TR6 is a little different than the one
that came out of the car and that is in the TR4. I have another new one that I
just received, and I'm going to try it.
HTH,
Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U