Re: Questions for the list

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Subject: Re: Questions for the list
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 18:10:54 -0400
Navarrette, Vance wrote:

>       I completed the exhaust system install, and went to hook up the
> propshaft. Hmm. Bentley doesn't seem to tell me which end goes to the
> tranny. So question #1 is: Which way *DOES* the blinking thing go in?

The telescoping spline end goes towards the transmission.

>       Problem number two: I lay the propshaft into place, and it is
> too SHORT!!

Seems like a really odd problem to have. Usually the telescoping spline end is
compressed quite a
bit. I can believe that the drive shaft is too long, but too short seems really
odd. Seems like a
dumb question, but have you expanded the telescoping spline?

You're saying it's 5/16 too short? That doesn't seem like a lot. The
telescoping spline should be
good for that much. Could the output flange on the OD be an incorrect length?

Don Malling

  I don't think it shrank during the winter (although anything