RE: Exhaust scavaging and 6-3-1 vs. 6-1-2 etc.for the TR6

To: mitch vamos <mitchvamos@operamail.com>
Subject: RE: Exhaust scavaging and 6-3-1 vs. 6-1-2 etc.for the TR6
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 10:01:44 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 22 Mar 2005, mitch vamos wrote:

> I'm wondering how much better headers are than the stock dual exhaust
> with monza pipes.

The right header with the right exhaust setup is TONS better than the
stock setup. All the work you do on your motor won't come to fruition
until you expel the gasses properly.

The stock exhaust manifold with the Monza pipes/mufflers is actually not
that much better than the stock muffler.

You def. want 2.25" or 2.5" pipe from the collector all the way back. If
you want to make the absolute biggest numbers, then you need to carefully
look at the collector location (linear distance to the exhaust valve) and
the shape of the collector. In all the big power TR6's that I've looked
at, the pipes all merge together just behind the tranny.

rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489