RE: lowering car

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>, Lizirbydavis@cs.com,
Subject: RE: lowering car
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 07:19:55 -0700
Joe,

 If you use the RG's springs without spacers, ie... you want the lowered
stance, then the camber on the rear will need to be changed. RG has made this
easier with his adjustable trailing arm mounts. Otherwise you have to futz
with the three different stock mounts in the different mounting positions (1,2
or 3 notchs, notchs either up or down). When I lowerd my car I did not have to
alter the camber for the front wheels, but the rear camber changed to more
than three degrees of negative camber, which is too much. Also, if you lower
the car, a four wheel alignment after the camber is corrected would be money
well spent. Or time well spent if you do it your self.

Shawn J. Loseke
1972 TR6
Fort Collins, CO
http://www.triumphowners.com/registry.cgi?sectionID=111014&vehicleID=79&i=7